Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

ODBBA Training Band Concert



Got back a few hours ago from the Oxford and District Brass Band Association Training Band Concert. This was a rather nerve-racking concert for me as it was the first time I'd conducted Abbey Brass Training Band (and the first time I'd conducted in public at all). But I have to say that it was a great event.

5 training or youth brass bands took place, covering a wide-range of standards and approaches. It was lovely to see youngsters with great tone and more confident players enjoying themselves. The highlight of the event had to be the mass band though.

All the groups played Northern Festival March together! A fantastic sound, especially after only 1 hours rehearsal together (thanks Nicky for that). 3 drum kits plus a cymbal playing at once was particularly impressive. I never tire of mass bands, they are a great idea and something to behold!

Thanks to all who organised and attended the event (especially Rob). I'm already looking forward to it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment